Over the last weeks I’ve updated my “external videos” wordpress plugin. I’ve fixed bugs and added some new functionality.
List of changes:
- fixed a bug in attaching blog posts to videos for link-through from gallery overlays
- allow re-attaching a different blog post to a video
- added a shortcode that allows to link straight through to video pages instead of the overlay
- fixed a bug on retrieval of keyframe for dotsub
- added option to add the video posts to the site’s RSS feed
- fixed a bug on image paths for the thickbox
- made sure whenever a user goes to the admin page that the cron hook is active
- changed some class names to avoid clashes with other plugins that people reported
- turned simple_html_dom code into a class of its own to avoid clashes with other plugins that use this code, too
- cleaning up entered data from surplus white space
- styling fixes to the overlay on gallery
- shielding against a bug with no videos on channels to retrieve yet
Note: there is something weird going on with the wordpress plugins site, which still shows version 0.7 as the current one, but when you download it, it gets the latest version 0.12. If somebody knows how to fix this, that would be awesome. I think it also stops people from auto-updating this plugin, which is sad with this many improvements.
(I think I fixed it by actually changing the version number in the external-videos.php file – how silly of me – and thanks to the WordPress Forum person who pointed it out to me! Download 0.13 now.)